Parents/carers who are in receipt of certain benefits may be entitled to free school meals. To apply for free school meals, please click here. If you have any difficulties completing the form, please let us know and we will support you. Qualification for free school meals could lead to other benefits and discounts in school too! For more information, read on below...
During the school day your child can access a meal at lunchtime in the following ways:
Order a school dinner on the day during morning registration
Bring in a packed lunch from home
Be collected from school at 12pm to have lunch at home and returned to school before 1pm
Our school dinners cost £2.76 per day for a two-course meal with a drink. Each day during registration, the children are given an option to choose between three hot meals and one cold. All our meals are prepared fresh on the day of serving and are quality assured by Rotherham Council's Catering Services.
Payment for school dinners must be made via SchoolMoney as Rosehill is a cashless school.
Free School Meals Eligibility
Your child is eligible for Free School Meals if you get one or more of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers' Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit, and have an annual gross income, of no more than £16,190 (as of 2014 financial year) as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
It is important that you continue to apply for Free School Meals even if your child is in Key Stage 1 as this enables your child’s school to access Pupil Premium which is an important payment for schools which enables them to get even more support for the children in school.
If your child is in Key Stage 1 and you do not apply, your child's school will not be able to claim the appropriate child premium and will have less money to spend on supporting children in school.
Please do not give up claiming if you think you qualify or if your child already has a free school meals. Simply apply on line.
Please click the image below to visit the Riverside Catering website and find out more about your child's school meals...